The Blorgle is Snacking

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Awake from the dead!

The revival from the Blorgle snacking!
It is now alive again!

-Now you must wonder what all this hub bub is about?!
I decided to pick this blog back out of the gutter and start using it.
And now with a new subject, and a new lovely layout I made myself, This blog is set to go right?

So now topics to talk about?
Well I just finished reading a book today.
It was "the Magicians Nephew" From C.S. Lewis' "Chronicales of Narnia" series.
I finished it in two days! I never go through a book that fast!
It is a really good book, I remember when my mom read it to me along with that whole series when I was little, and I really liked that book, now I remember why. It told the whole story before the story of Narnia. How everything was created and how there was evil in the world instantly. (The Witch)
The really cool thing about these books is that C.S. Lewis put alot of Christian Symbolisim into it. Things about creation, a creator. A loving creator who is constantally there for his people, (God), and in the books, the creator's name Aslan, whom is a Lion. The Witch (that came from another dead world that she conquered) is a symbolisim of evil, and the constant battles in life that we have to go through.
Tomorrow I will be reading the second book from that series called "Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe". And as most of you know, there was a movie for that book not too long ago. Pretty good for a Disney Movie.

So lately I have been really getting into reading. Before I started that Series, I read the Wrinkle in time books.
I really enjoied thoes too. They had alot of science with tesseracts and quantum physics and stuff. The best book out of that series was "A Wind in the Door". If you haven't read it, go read it, its worth a read. The last two are good too, but not as much, there just diffrent.

BUT,
the one thing that got me into reading was the Harry Potter Series. When I was younger I loved loved loved Harry Potter. I read the first 4 books that were out at the time. Then I stopped. A few months ago I decided to give them another shot, and with two other books (5 and 6) that I haven't gotten to yet, then was the time to do it. I knew it would take me a long time beacuse I was a slow reader and these books are hundreds of pages long. I started with the third to refresh my memory. Then re-read the fourth, then got into the 5th one and then finally the 6th. I really liked them. Order of the Pheonix (book 5) and The Half Blood Prince (book 6) bolth brought a tear to my at the ending. So many deaths! Need I say more? Anyways, the best thing about them was that the older the books, the more adult like they are. More bad things happen, and greater tasks are taken place. I recommend these books too. I can't wait untill the 7th book comes out. I will probally wet my self when I get it I'll be so excited.
Harry Potter just has to be my all-time-favorite. As I said, i grew up with them, so I had many years with Harry Potter. I think I fisrt read the books when I was 12. I am 18 now. That is crazy how quickly time goes by.

Anyways, books are great! Read read read!


Untill next time!
-amd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home